August 9, 2018

Cress

Cress

Marissa Meyer

Image result for cress marissa meyer



My favorite of the series so far!!! If it was solely focused on Cress and Thorne, it would probably have been 5 stars for me, but I had a few problems with the other characters & plot.


Rapunzel is one of my favorite fairy tales (especially since Tangled was magnificent), and that's probably half the reason why I was so excited about this one. I love that Cress was locked on a satellite and she's a hacker, super inventive way of doing the re-telling. I also loved how little and naive and in love with the world she is. Seeing things for the first time through Cress' eyes makes you appreciate how beautiful the world really is. I don't normally ship relationships, but Cress and Thorne is a must for me. It's like they both believe they have unrequited love for each other and it makes them both more adorable that they don't want to just come out and proclaim their feelings for one another. So, yea I loved Cress.


Which makes it harder for me to care about anyone else. I really don't give a shit about Cinder anymore. It's exhausting to read from her point of view with all of her guilt and confusion. Reading about Scarlet's capture and everything is interesting, but again I don't really care. Winter sounds interesting though, so I'm excited to read the next book. Hopefully Meyer can bring this all together with wonderful resolution (as she has managed to do so far in the series).

No comments:

Post a Comment