January 6, 2017

Reading Resolutions!

It's 2017!
 
That means I need new reading resolutions!
 

 
I'm going to try not to buy too many new books this year. I would like to read books that I already physically have because my shelf is getting a little ridiculous >.<
 
I set my goal on Goodreads as 75 books. Last year, I set my goal as 50 and reached that around July so I changed it to 75 and ended up reading 85. I don't think I'm going to have as much time to read this year since I'll be finishing up my degree online and really need to focus on that, so I'll stick with the 75.
 
There are a few books I'm looking forward to reading this year, and a few that I would like to read on my shelf, which I'll list below (hopefully I get to all of them):
 
coming out in 2017:
 
Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth: even though I haven't heard many good things about this book, I still loved Divergent so I'll give it a shot.
 
Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
 
A Tragic Kind of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom

Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
 
not too many but I'm sure that list will grow, and as I said I'd like to focus on books that are already on my shelf.
 
on my shelf:
 
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas
 
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
 
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
 
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
 
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
 
In the Woods by Tana French

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
 
Red Rising by Pierce Brown
 
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
 
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
 
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
 
The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
 
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
 
I'm HOPING to finish the Outlander series this year
 
 
 
Overall, a lot of series that have gotten a lot of hype in the past year/few years I'm just trying to catch up since I read a lot of ARCs and literary fiction last year.
 
Yay!
 
Image result for reading gif


No comments:

Post a Comment