April 12, 2017

If You Find Me

If You Find Me
 
Emily Murdoch
 
Image result for if you find me book cover
 
 
This was one of the most powerful books I've read.
 

It's about two young girls who were picked up in the middle of the woods where they lived in a camper while their mother went off for weeks at a time to score some meth. The story is all about them finding themselves and recovering while discovering life as they've never experienced it.
 
Our main character, Carey is fourteen and has taken care of her little sister, Jenessa, since she was born and her mother couldn't be bothered to. The only good thing in Carey's life is her music. Her mother used to be a professional violinist and taught Carey how to play when she was four.
 
Things happened in the woods that Carey can't talk about, and Janessa won't talk at all.
 
I loved all of the characters in this story, there were so many dimensions to each relationship. Reading about Carey's new experiences such as tasting certain foods for the first time or brushing her teeth are so surreal.
 
I can't speak highly enough. I read that the author was thinking about writing a sequel and I sincerely hope that happens because I don't want to give these characters up.


No comments:

Post a Comment