April 20, 2017

Behind Closed Doors

Behind Closed Doors
 
B. A. Paris
 
Image result for behind closed doors
 
 
I'm not sure if I just wasn't as in to this because of the writing or the plot, but it was just okay for me.
 

When I think of psychological thrillers, I'm thinking edge of my seat with craziness and terror all wrapped into one. This wasn't really any of those things. The premise was good, but the overall execution just fell flat.
 
There's a psychopath that makes you feel nothing at all. I didn't hate him as much as I should have only for one part and it had nothing to do with any of the characters. I thought the George Clooney thing was funny. However, our main character is so daft I can't even believe it. How she came up with what she did in the end is a mystery to me when she couldn't deceive him for over a year and all of the sudden she's lying and he's believing her like it's nothing. He would've seen past her shit normally and I have a hard time believing she's really that great of an actress. Esther was the best character and she wasn't even in most of it.
 
Maybe my expectations were just too high after all the good ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment