October 31, 2017

An Enchantment of Ravens

An Enchantment of Ravens
 
Margaret Rogerson
 
Image result for an enchantment of ravens

I honestly feel bad for the author. If this came out and/or if I read this before A Court of Thorns and Roses, I would have liked it a lot more. Unfortunately, it felt like reading ACoTaR all over again with little differences. One thing I will say is that the writing was beautiful.
 



Because the book is pretty short in length compared to most I read, it was definitely quick and entertaining. I almost finished it in a day. I did feel like it could have benefitted from multiple add-ons. Normally, I like standalones but I think it's hard for fantasy because you have to focus on not only introducing the world and the characters, but also have the whole plot finished. In 300 pages, this one felt rushed.
 
One second, we're learning about the king of the fair ones, and the next he's being woken. I feel like the writing style was great, I just wanted more detail. The characters were pretty good. I didn't really care for Isobel's family, but I felt for her and for Rook. Every one else seemed very flat (partly due to the fair ones not being able to feel emotions).
 
I was just hoping for more out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment