July 29, 2017

Me Before You

Me Before You

Jojo Moyes

Image result for me before you book cover
Overall, I thought it was okay. I was expecting a bit more, but I'm glad it wasn't just some sappy love story and I like the idea behind the book, giving insight into the life of a quadriplegic.


I wish that this was solely in the view of Louisa. I don't like when books skip around to different characters, especially if it's not needed (which in this case, it wasn't). I liked Louisa, but felt that she was really immature for her age. She's 26 and hasn't even thought about her future? I find that hard to believe. I'm 25 and that's all I'm able to think/worry about. I understand why she was 'safe', but still felt like I was reading through the eyes of a 16 year old. I liked Will. Hated Patrick from the start. I understand he was a different person when they first started dating, but you could tell they weren't interested in each other anymore and all he cared about was running.

I liked the ending. I'm glad it wasn't what you would be expecting. I didn't cry my eyes out like I thought I would based on other reviews, but it was definitely sad. I will say that it was entertaining and I kept wondering what would happen next. I read this in less than 24 hours total, so that's obviously a good thing. Pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment