July 31, 2017

The Identicals

The Identicals

Elin Hilderbrand

Image result for the identicals book cover

This was a pretty entertaining and light beach read, perfect for vacation. It's not something I would normally read, but my boyfriend's stepmother lent it to me so I thought I'd give it a shot.


The book is about two estranged identical twins, one (Harper) went to live with their father in Martha's Vineyard and the other (Tabitha) with their mother in Nantucket. I would have felt like this was a four star book if not for Tabitha. She was uptight and annoying and clearly holding a grudge over something Harper couldn't control. I felt bad for Harper with everything happening in her life, she was actually a decent person. I thought that the addition of Ainsley's chapters were unnecessary, but I liked her in general (I just felt like she didn't really add anything to the story just had her own stuff going on). And she was once again a reason for me to hate Tabitha, since she was a terrible mother.

If it weren't for all the talk of lobster rolls, I would probably like this less but I'll give it three stars for feeling for Harper.

No comments:

Post a Comment