January 12, 2018

Brave New World

Brave New World
 
Aldous Huxley
 
Image result for brave new world
 

It's always hard to write reviews on some of the 'classics', especially because there are diehard fans. I appreciate what this book is about, but the writing style just wasn't for me.
 


I knew from the first chapter that this book probably wasn't up my alley, but I kept going to give it a shot. I didn't have to read this for school, so it was truly the first time for me going into it.
 
The first chapter was really boring info dump central. Unless you're a biologist, you probably won't be able to follow much. Again, I understand why the author started in this way, but it just did not interest me. The language was a bit hard for me to decipher at times, or to understand what was going on at all (especially at the end).
 
Overall, I appreciate the plot and understand why it's a classic, but I would rather stick to George Orwell.

No comments:

Post a Comment