March 5, 2017

Heir of Fire

Heir of Fire

Sarah J. Maas

Image result for heir of fire book cover
It's getting darker...

and I can't wait!



All of my favorite characters are in different places and I don't like it.

So, Celaena made it to Wendlyn and doesn't give a shit about anything anymore until a mysterious Fae shows up to bring her to see her creepy aunt. They strike a deal where Maeve will tell her whatever she knows about the wyrdkeys if she learns to use her Fae powers with her new trainer, Rowan. I liked Rowan and thought he was a good friend, but I don't see romance in their connection... not sure if that will change in the next book because everyone's all 'omg Chaol or Rowan'. Obviously Calaena's power is going to be ridiculous and ever-growing but the training was SO SLOW. I feel like this book could've been about 200pgs shorter.

Then, there's Chaol. First of all, I don't understand why the king has everyone else under his control but chooses to leave Chaol alone and even accepts the fact that he's leaving for Anielle. Also, him not choosing sides was stupid. I know he has this blind loyalty to the king (well, more for Dorian), but we all know that he's going to back Celaena up no matter what. I liked Aedion's story and can't wait to see their reunion. Dorian's romance with Sorscha did nothing for me. I didn't think that it was 'soo dreamy' and I didn't think that she was that special. It just seems like that was added in for the drama at the end (which was worth the read, shit just got REAL).

Oh, and then there's the nonsense with the witches. I'm guessing this will be important at some point but I really just wanted to skip those chapters.

Overall, the story was slow and all over the place but it was a nice set up for the next book and I'm excited to see where Maas brings it. And I cannot wait for Arobynn!!! I feel like this book was just the necessary build up for the rest of the series, so I don't hold it against her. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment