January 15, 2019

Muse of Nightmares

Muse of Nightmares

Laini Taylor

Image result for muse of nightmares

As always, Taylor blew me away with this one. It wasn't at all what I was expecting, but still fantastic either way.



I loved the addition of the past characters as a brief glimpse into how Skathis & the Gods came to be, but it almost made Minya feel like a secondary concern. I felt so much emotion from Taylor's writing, but I wish there was more of Lazlo in this book. It felt like he dropped from a main character to some side story.

I loved the nod to other worlds (especially Eretz and Karou's soulbringing). It was done so well and allows the author to expand upon these other worlds and potentially get all of the characters together (I think Lazlo and Mik would be amazing friends).

Overall very entertaining. I never know where the author will bring us, but I trust that it will be an amazing journey either way.


No comments:

Post a Comment