June 25, 2017

The Slow Regard of Silent Things

The Slow Regard of Silent Things

Patrick Rothfuss

Image result for the slow regard of silent things

As Rothfuss says in the foreward, you may not want to buy this book. I knew what to expect going into it: I knew it wasn't book three or any sort of relation to Kvothe's journey. This was a book about Auri.


Even though Auri isn't my favorite character, I've always been curious about her. What does she do when Kvothe isn't around? What's the underthing like? What's her backstory? We got the first 2/3 questions answered in this book.

I never would have realized exactly how much she cares about Kvothe. About half of her time is spent making things proper in the underthing, and the other half is spent finding gifts for Kvothe or thinking about him. Obviously Auri's a bit off, but there must be a reason. I hope Doors of Stone tells us a bit more, or I'm sure there will be another novella in the mix.



No comments:

Post a Comment