December 4, 2016

The Last Olympian

The Last Olympian

Rick Riordan

Image result for the last olympian book cover

The finale, so sad. I don't want to leave this world...ever.



As predicted, things got a bit more serious in this book, but Percy never loses his humor. The whole book basically consisted of the final battle to bring down Typhon and Kronos and complete the prophecy. I felt like the whole Rachel Dare thing was pretty unnecessary, it seemed like she just existed to make Percy and Annabeth's relationship strained or include a love triangle. And no Hercules!!!

I was happy with how Kronos was defeated, that in the end it wasn't just Percy's choices. I thought his wish at the end was a little over-the-top, but it made sense. Also, of course I'm happy that Percy and Annabeth end up together but I mean he's 16! Surely there could be plenty of more books with Percy in it! I guess I'll just have to settle with the Heroes of Olympus series.


No comments:

Post a Comment