September 21, 2018

Faithful Place

Faithful Place

Tana French

Image result for faithful place

I still loved French's writing, but I felt like this one was a bit more predictable and I just didn't like the characters as much as the first two books.

I didn't like Frank Mackey in the last book, and although I liked him a bit more as I got to know his past, I still didn't really care about him. What I did care about is Rosie and finding out what happened to her. Based on everything, the answer seemed simple enough, it was just a matter of what was going to happen once Frank found out for sure.

The fact that he would place his daughter in the middle of all of this was really shitty. Not that he meant to, and he actually seemed like a great father, but still. You know she's in a room with the killer and you don't barge in there just so you can overhear the conversation and hope that he reveals himself as the murderer? And then ask your daughter to testify?

It makes me even more nervous to think of who the next book will be about because I hated every character other than Holly. Frank's entire family is just messed up and with barely ANY redeeming qualities. His mom sucked, his dad sucked, all of his siblings (except for Kevin and maybe Jackie) sucked. MAYBE if it's about Stephen I'll stick around. Who am I kidding? I'll stick around just for French's writing, but I'm not as excited about the next book as I was for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment