February 13, 2018

Gemina

Gemina

Amie Kaufman

Image result for gemina

(somewhere between 4 & 5 stars, I'm rounding up)

Wow. I read this because of everyone's anticipation of Obsidio, and I'm so glad I did!
Just like the last book, this was truly a formatting masterpiece. Just the way that everything is pieced together through communications, video footage, and a bonus of Hanna's journal doodles was just fantastic.

I didn't really like the fact that there were new main characters since I really like the last two. With that being said, I'm glad that there are some of the old characters thrown in now and then. I liked this one just a tad bit less than Illuminae, mostly because of the main characters but also because the plot was a bit harder to follow (science-y jargon). Hanna is pretty much what everyone says, a spoiled brat. Just because she's a bit more empathetic and powerful than you'd think doesn't make me like her (like everyone else in this book). Nik was cool, but Ella was really the shining star. Loved her and the whole HoK thing was a really cool add-on.

The ending was the best part, honestly. It really pumps you up for the next book so I'm glad I read it so close to the release. Now I just have to make sure my library will have Obsidio!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment