December 28, 2017

2017 Favorite Reads

More like favorite first time reads since I did quite a few re-reads of the ultimate favorites


Image result for new year gif
 
It's that time of year again! My favorite reads of 2017 were:
 
- The Hero of Ages, Brandon Sanderson
- If you Find Me, Emily Murdoch
- Crown of Midnight, Sarah J. Maas
- A Court of Mist and Fury, Sarah J. Maas
-  Empire of Storms, Sarah J. Maas
-The Bone Witch, Rin Chupeco
(5 stars)
 
and honorable mentions:
 
- In the Woods, Tana French
- Red Rising, Pierce Brown
- The Darkest Minds, Alexandra Bracken
- Gilded Cage, Vic James
- The Lies of Locke Lamora, Scott Lynch
- Shadow and Bone, Leigh Bardugo
- An Ember in the Ashes, Sabaa Tahir
- The Young Elites, Marie Lu
- The Darkest Corners, Kara Thomas
Mistborn, Brandon Sanderson
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor
- The Winner's Curse, Marie Rutkoski
(4 stars)

As for my original reading resolutions for this year, I did okay:
 
coming out in 2017:
 
Carve the Mark by Veronica Roth
 
Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
 
A Tragic Kind of Wonderful by Eric Lindstrom

Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller

Into the Water by Paula Hawkins

Caraval by Stephanie Garber

Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
 
So, I only got to read one of the new releases I was looking forward to, but in my defense I also decided not to buy books this year and focus on my shelf, so that could be why.
 
on my shelf:
 
A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah Maas
 
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
 
American Gods by Neil Gaiman
 
Cinder by Marissa Meyer
 
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
 
In the Woods by Tana French

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
 
Red Rising by Pierce Brown
 
Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch
 
The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
 
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
 
The Wrath & the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh
 
The Young Elites by Marie Lu
 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
 
I'm HOPING to finish the Outlander series this year (didn't finish, An Echo in the Bone is coming up soon)
 
I did pretty good on these, only 2 books and the rest of the Outlander series left. They'll carry over for 2018 resolutions :)

No comments:

Post a Comment