May 3, 2017

Under the Never Sky

Under the Never Sky
 
Veronica Rossi
 
Image result for under the never sky cover
 

(3.5)
 
I was not expecting to enjoy this as much as I did. Even though everyone's always said 'don't judge a book by the cover', it's hard not to. I saw the cover on the right and assumed this was just going to be strictly romance with pretty much no plot or other characters but I was wrong. And I'm glad I was.
 

 
Goodreads blurb:
"WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.

DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.

Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.

Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.

If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers."
 
The characters were deep and had their own backstories that kept things interesting. This is one of the only instances where I'm glad that there were dual perspectives between the love interests. Aria was pretty annoying at first, but learned to adapt. Perry. I like Perry. I like Roar even more. The plot was exciting and set up for another action-packed book. The romance wasn't too much too fast or overwhelming of the plot. The only problem I really had was with the world-building. There could have been so many interesting things the author could do with the pods and different realms, and I thought that if there was more of Aria's mundane life in the beginning before the fire incident, it would have enhanced the world for me. Otherwise, I really did enjoy this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment